It's hard to believe that Aidan turned 1 week old yesterday. He is so sweet and we are having so much fun.
We've had many firsts this week.
His first night at home was not bad. We


had a stretch from 12-3 where Aidan wasn't sure what he wanted, but other than that he was on an every 3 hour feeding schedule. Every night so far has been different from the one before. We are continuing to work on establishing a schedule.
The first day home, just me and Aidan, after Brandon went back to work was a special time and a hard one at the same time. You want to hold and protect this new little person, while questioning all that you do. You never worried so much about everyday things like driving a car and it's surprising these new things that make you so excited, like poopy diapers that make you think "maybe he is eating enough" or watching someone sleep or seeing a drousy or gassy grin.
He seemed to enjoy his first sponge bath. He looked in the mirror most of the time.

Our first week favorites:
- His Boppy bouncy seat (although it's hard to put him down; he's content in his seat and I can get a few things done)
- Newborn Pampers with the yellow/blue wet strip
- Disposable changing pad covers (without these I would have had to do more laundering than I have)
- Miracle Swaddeling Blanket (it has a leg pouch so he doesn't come unwrapped)
- Everyone's love and support. We can't thank everyone enough for the visits, the dinners, the flowers and gifts.



1 comments:
I love all the pictures! He is so precious! I'm sorry I didn't come in last week but I didn't want to get little Aiden sick! I can't wait to see him soon though! Glad everything is going well!
Love you all!
ANNIE
Post a Comment