It is so much fun to see the world from a baby's eyes. Everything is new and full of wonder. Even as a big person, it makes me look at things with a new found excitement.
Dexter is no longer just our dog who had been getting on my nerves and who sheds a lot; he is Aidan's new best friend. Dexter has learned that if he lays his head in Aidan's lap then he gets patted and rubbed, however ruff it may be. And Aidan has discovered that this big fur ball tickles and is at times absolutely hysterical.
Aidan has also recently discovered that there is more than just milk in this world. We've had our first week of cereal. Each day he has gotten increasingly better with the spoon to mouth concept; he tends to do a little bit better, but a whole lot messier, with his daddy than he does with me. I keep telling Aidan, just wait until we get to the peas, carrots, pears, and bananas.
This year I've been looking forward to the changing colors of the leaves and to Halloween a little more than normal because I thought Aidan would like it and because I'm always planning my next photo op. This weekend, we drove down the Natchez Trace hoping to find beautiful Fall colors. We did just that. We took Aidan on his first hike. He seemed to love the new colors of the trees, especially the bright yellows. He also got to see his first waterfall.




0 comments:
Post a Comment