CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Waiting on Baby

Aidan and I headed to Austin hoping to meet cousin, William Paul. We had a wonderful time with Bethany and Ken, but little William did not make his debut. Ken took the opportunity to practice his baby skills while Aidan was there; he earned the name "The Baby Whisperer". He is going to be a wonderful daddy. William will be here when he's good and ready and we plan to see him Labor Day weekend. 


Aidan had his first experience on an airplane. I was nervous, but he did great. No meltdown occurred from either one of us. Just being able to eat and sleep is all Aidan needed to keep him happy. I learned a few 'traveling with infant' tips: 1. I was wondering how the base was going to stay connected to the infant carrier-- they wrap them in a big plastic bag when checked. 2. Feed during take off and landing since they don't know how to pop their own ears. 3. The 3 oz rule for liquids does not apply for milk and/or formula.  

Our adventure to Texas is not the only big event of the week. Aidan has discovered he can roll from his back to his tummy. He does this very well, but he forgets he hates tummy time. He rolls over and then cries because he is on his tummy, I roll him to his back, and then we do it all over again. This occasionally also occurs in the middle of the night. We also discovered that Aidan is intolerant of cow's milk. This means no milk, cheese, or ice cream for me. No ice cream is going to be a tough one; oh the sacrifices we make. But look at that face.

0 comments: